Kerikeri is where Maori welcomed missionaries in 1819 to establish a Church Mission Settlement. This was the framework for New Zealand’s bi-cultural society. Kerikeri is both a beautiful place in the Bay of Islands, and New Zealand’s most historic site of national importance. An area centred around horticulture, the citrus capital of NZ & Kiwifruit region alongside the arts, music and sport.
From $150 per person – 4+ Hours
Join TOTAL TOURS on a custom made adventure, departures by arrangement.
Places to visit can include:
- Stone Store Mission Station – along the Kerikeri River home to New Zealand’s oldest buildings, the Stone Store & Kemp House. Offering authentic trade goods similar to those first traded in the early 1900’s.
- Te-Ahurea – a unique Māori cultural and historical experience an interactive Pa site that will take you on an ancient, contemporary and futuristic journey through time.
- Vineyard tastings: Whites, Reds, Rose Ports & Liqueurs
- Craft Beer Brewery: enjoy a paddle of beer from a large selection
- Mahoe Cheese Factory: tastings & local produce
- Makana Confections Chocolate Factory: Handmade delicious chocolates
- Art & Craft Studios including Native NZ Kauri Woodcrafts
- Honey Shop: Honey tasting & beehive tour
- Bush walk through the native forest to see ancient Kauri Trees
- The Parrot Place : A Bird Display and Breeding Centre with over 300 birds from all over the world
Live Laugh Love wine and beer! Visit local vineyards and craft beer makers
Explore Kawiti Glow worm Caves, Hundertwasser Toilets, Vintage Railway
A 1-hour adventure to make the most of your day in the Bay. Friendly, fun and informative
Visit attractions to suit you in Mangonui & Doubtless Bay
Visit the Hokianga: Opononi, Omapere, Rawene or Waipoua