BAY OF ISLANDS: Paihia & Waitangi – the birth place of NZ.
Visiting by Cruise Ship car, plane, bus or bike to the Bay of Islands we welcome you to join us.
TOTAL TOURS (family business) will take you on an adventure around one of NZ’s wonderful places.
We offer historic, scenic, bush walking, glow worm cave, food & wine tasting tours. Small Group, Private & Custom Tours
Contact us via Email: email@example.com or Ph: +64 021 0355817 to find out which tours are going out or to book your custom tour. Include details about your group & interests.
Let your adventure begin right here with TOTAL TOURS.
1 hour NZ$40 per adult $25 per child (5-15yrs)
- Hear some of the local history and lifestyle stories.
- Be wowed at the view from the Waitangi Lookout, seeing the beautiful islands of the Bay & your ship.
- Travel through native bush and farmland stopping at Haruru Falls – looking from the top and the bottom across the river
- Highlights of Paihia Township including the Historic Stone Church and pristine beaches.
- Return to Paihia Village for shopping & exploring.
WINE TASTING & SCENIC ADVENTURE
5.5 hours NZ$200pp (minimum numbers apply)
Included : wine & honey tasting
Lunch at your own cost
- Depart from the Waitangi Tender Wharf- time dependent on ships arrival
- Small group with local guide and commentary. Relaxed & fun!
- Head towards Kerikeri the citrus capital of NZ passing by beaches, native bush, forest plantations and beef, sheep & dairy farms.
- Visit Makana Confections Chocolate Factory who offer samples from their handmade selection. See the chocolates being made through their glass kitchen window.
- Venture into the Kauri Workshop & Gifts showcasing native timber housewares and an array of NZ souvenirs. Chat to the wood turner.
- We discover NZ’s biggest beehive at BOI Honey. Learn the life cycle of the honey bee and taste local honey.
- Head through Kerikeri township down to the river, we stop at the Historic Stone Store Mission Station. Visit NZ’s oldest stone building erected in 1832, as a ships trading post, later converted to a library; then a barracks & Kauri Gum trading post & in 1863 a school for boys. Returned now to a trading post & museum. Embrace the beauty of this area & the birds that make it their home.
- Our next stop is Fat Pig Vineyard, a family business offering wine tasting from grapes grown on their property & an array of homemade produce & crafts.
- We stop for lunch (your cost) at Marsden Estate growing grapes for over 20 yrs. Taste award winning, whites & reds & a menu sourced from local ingredients. Enjoy lunch overlooking their lake and vines.
- Our stop at Haruru Falls & Waitangi lookout – will bring spectacular views looking across the Bay & towards your ship. Option to drop off at Tender Wharf or Paihia Village should you wish to explore further on foot
GLOW WORM CAVE TOUR
NZ$85 child 5-15yrs, NZ$35 under 5yrs
Includes: Entrance Fee for guided tour at the Cave
- Cruise Ship Visitors: Take the shuttle from the tender wharf to Paihia Village & look for the green sidewalk sign TOTAL TOURS
- Sit back & enjoy a scenic drive through native bush & farmland with commentary from your local driver.
- Arrive at the Glow Worm Cave: A private property surrounded by incredible rock formations and lush green rain-forest.
- We are greeted by a Kawiti family member who will take you on a guided tour through the cave, you’ll be wowed by thousands of glow worms surrounded by breath taking stalactites and stalagmites and be amazed by one of New Zealand’s natural wonders.
- Learn about the life cycle of the Glow Worm & hear the family stories & history.
- We return to Paihia Village for more exploring.
Live Laugh Love wine and beer! Visit local vineyards and craft beer makers
Explore Kawiti Glow worm Caves, Hundertwasser Toilets, Vintage Railway
A 1-hour adventure to make the most of your day in the Bay. Friendly, fun and informative
Enjoy local tastings, great scenery, art & crafts, & the Stone Store
Visit attractions to suit you in Mangonui & Doubtless Bay
Visit the Hokianga: Opononi, Omapere, Rawene or Waipoua