GlOW WORMS & TRAIN ADVENTURE
Adults : $120ea Kids : 5-15yrs $75ea
Includes Entry to Glow Worm Cave & Train Trip
Depart : Paihia 9am Return 1pm
Pick up by arrangement
- Includes scenic tour & commentary
- Visit a Glow Worm Cave taking a 30 minute guided tour with a family member. See thousands of luminous glow worms surrounded by breath taking stalactites and stalagmites.
- Enjoy the walk back through lush green rain forest seeing incredible rock formations & native trees.
- Next stop at the old coal mining town of Kawakawa – home to the famous Hundertwasser Toilets & Memorial Park
- Enjoy free time in Kawakawa, visit the Train Station Shop, Kings Theatre art exhibition & grab a bite to eat at a cafe or a traditional hangi from the butcher (pre-order)
- Depart on the BOI Vintage Railway A unique and the only working Heritage railway in New Zealand where the trains travel down a State Highway and right through the middle of a busy town. Hear the history stories from the guard before you disembark at Taumarere Station and browse thru the information hut.
- Return on the train to the Football Club Station for pick up by your Total Tours guide.
GLOW WORM CAVE SCENIC TOUR
NZ$85 per adult
NZ$60 per child 5-15yrs NZ$30 under 5yrs
Includes : Entrance Fee for guided tour at the Cave
Enquire to join our tour : firstname.lastname@example.org
Departing from the Paihia Township. (time to be confirmed) Take the shuttle from the tender wharf & look for the green sidewalk sign
Sit back & enjoy a scenic drive through native bush & farmland with commentary from your local driver.
Arriving at the Glow Worm Cave : You will be welcomed by incredible rock formations and lush green rain-forest.
Greeted by family members for your guided tour through the cave, you’ll be wowed by thousands of glow worms surrounded by breath taking stalactites and stalagmites and be amazed by one of New Zealand’s natural wonders. Learn about the life cycle of the Glow Worm & hear the family stories & history.
We return to Paihia via the Port of Opua, passing beaches & historic places.